Monday, April 22, 2013

Kids' Clothing Week, Day 1

Well, the sun is shining and the birds are chirping here in the Pacific Northwest!

I've been a follower of Meg for several years.  In fact, her Kids Clothing Week challenges were what inspired me to start sewing again!  At the time, I was so convinced that sewing and patterns and fabrics were still a little too grandma-esque, but her challenges showed me that there are a TON of modern patterns and fabrics.  Add to that the fact that sewing a childrens' garment takes an hour or two, and I was hooked. 

For my first challenge, I've got a few patterns that I've had for a while, but haven't made. This sweet little dress is up first. It's the Aubrey Bow Dress by Ruby Jean's Closet. I love these patterns - they have a touch of vintage styling and are all pretty easy to sew up. Another plus - it's a PDF pattern, which I love since you can just print what you need. Here are a few of my tips for working with PDF patterns.

For this dress, I cut a size 6 and used some Riley Blake Chevron for the main part, and a cute Lecien print for the bow.  I love that the bow on this can be interchangeable, so it would be really easy to change the look!



My youngest loved how easy it was to pull on and off, and she really likes the elastic in the back. 




I really liked the way the dress is constructed, and I will definitely make a few more of these to list in the shop!  These are the perfect little dresses for summer!  Stay tuned for more kids' clothing this week :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment