Monday, June 10, 2013

Tried and Tested: Daphne Wrap Dress by The Cottage Mama

Happy Monday!  I'm sharing some pictures of The Cottage Mama's newest pattern, The Daphne Wrap Dress and Top.  I tested the dress, View A, and I just have to say, Lindsay did it again!  This pattern was quick and easy to sew, but the finished piece looks expensive and professional. 

My favorite detail on this dress is the piping that you can add to the entire garment.  I chose to add it the top of the bodice, but I think that when I make another one, I'll add it to the hem as well. 

 

The back buttons, and I chose to use a covered button kit to make mine.  They are such an easy to add detail to clothing!  If you've never used a covered button kit, you can find them on the notions wall at your local fabric store.  These are my favorite.


The Daphne Wrap Dress is super comfy and my 10 year old model fit into it perfectly.  I love how it works on an older girl, but it would also be absolutely darling on a baby or toddler!


The Daphne Wrap Dress and Top are reversible too!  So you can get two outfits in one!  Plus, there is an optional kangaroo pocket - I think the pocket or the bodice would look so cute with a monogram or applique.

 
 
A huge thank you to Lindsay for having me test another pattern for her!  She really made it a fun experience for our testing group!  Check out her blog and Facebook page to check out the adorable dresses and tops that the other testers made.
 
This dress will be listed in the shop soon!
 
Here are some thoughts and details about this dress:
Pattern: The Daphne Wrap Dress and Top by The Cottage Mama
Size: 10, View A
Fabric: Quilter's Basic from Joann Fabric.  This fabric is nice and lightweight - perfect for a summer dress!  I used plain pink piping and made my own covered buttons.
Thoughts: This pattern is great for an experienced beginner who isn't yet comfortable with piping and button hole placement - Lindsay offers some great tips for both, so if you are afraid to try either, this is a great pattern to get started!
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress! How about the hair accessory, is it included in that pattern? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The headband is just something I whipped up on my own - would you like to see a tutorial?

      Delete