Tuesday, June 11, 2013

10 things Tuesday

1. Holy smokes, my kids only have 2 more days of school!!!!  Yay? 

2. I had to give the first of two speeches this week...400 little kids and most of their parents looking at me brought me back to elementary school when I auditioned to be Violet in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  Scary!  I'm an OK public speaker...but I tend to make dorky jokes when I get nervous.  What are your tips?

3. I have 5 dresses, 2 pairs of shorts, and a top cut out that need to get sewn up.  Too bad I have a case of the last week of school and therefore zero motivation.  Lounging in bed watching some Real Housewives is more like it.

4. I'm glad that my husband's birthday is next week...mainly because I've been craving cake.  Specifically this cake.  YUM.

5. Are you watching the Bachelorette?  Are you bored yet?  Come on, Chris Harrison...show us the man tears!

6. My birthday is also coming up.  We have a tradition where the birthday girl gets to pick what we do/eat on her day.  I want to take a trip back to the dorms where you could have cereal for every meal AND someone else to do the dishes.  Ahhhhh...

7.  I'm seriously bored with my wardrobe.  Luckily I stumbled across this gem and now I'm inspired to get more creative and work with what I've got.  You know, until I win the lottery and can shop 'till I drop.

8. I got one of these as a present almost 2 years ago...and I've never used it!  Last summer was yucky and cold and rainy.  But this summer, it's ON!  Any recipes to share?

9. I've done a summer bucket list for the past 4 or 5 years with my kids.  It's mostly easy stuff (park play dates, sidewalk chalk, etc.), but this year I'm over it.  Instead, I like the idea of doing a loose schedule.  Monday: Craft day.  Tuesday: Library Day.  Wednesday: Play Date.  Thursday: Go Somewhere Fun.  Friday: Bake something Yummy. 

10. I remember my mom making bars similar to these (she used raspberries), so I can't wait to make some of these Blackberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment