Friday, April 9, 2010

fun photo friday

I misplaced the cable for the camera so here are some pictures from the past few days:

Ava holding the sign we made when we picked Joel up at the airport. The girls thought that was the best part of his trip (they've never been on a plane, so any chance to go to the airport is super exciting):

For April Fool's Day, I wanted to do something fun with food that didn't involve turning a normal meal into a dessert (a la the pound cake and frosting "grilled cheese sandwich"). I found a Fauxberry Pie recipe at Family Fun and it was a hit! The mashed potatoes are tinted with beets...extra healthy:


I made these cute bunnies for the girls and their cousin for Easter treats from this tutorial. It was so fun and easy! Also a great way to use up fabric scraps. I think this would be cute for a baby shower gift too!


These crayon rolls are a project that I've been wanting to complete for a LONG time (as in, this is why I originally bought my sewing machine last year!). I made small ones that would fit in my purse to bring to occupy the girls at doctor visits, etc. They were a huge hit :) I love this fabric...it's from Amy Butler's Love line.


Of course, I also made some springtime skirts. I just can't resist!


Every year we go to three (!!!) gatherings on Easter and the last gathering is a dessert buffet. I made some French macarons and filled them with chocolate ganache. These were yummy and so easy...I don't know why I don't make them more often!


Some of the eggs that Joel and the girls decorated. I made Paula Deen's deviled eggs out of them, and replaced the mayo with fat free Greek yogurt...holy yummy!


Finally, so many people have asked about the bibimbop...here's a picture:


This was one of the best dinners I've made in a long time. I used kimchi that I purchased at H Mart and then seasoned everything else myself. It was healthy, filling, and really pretty. I think that the next time I do it, I'll marinate some steak or chicken and slice it up to add to the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment