Wednesday, February 25, 2009

the recipe

Yes, I forgot. Sorry.

Here's the recipe I used for my red beans and rice:

Red Beans and Rice

2 T olive oil
2 small onions, diced
1 large green pepper, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
8 oz andouille sausage, diced (optional)
2 T chili powder
1 t paprika
3 cups cooked red beans (I used canned last night, but it tastes better when you cook your own)
1 1/2 c tomato sauce (I used Newman's Own Sockarooni)
1/2 cup water
as much Tabasco as you can handle

Hot cooked rice

In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, and garlic, saute until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add sausage, saute several minutes. Add chili powder and paprika, saute 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients, bring to boil, reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice with Tabasco on the side. Mmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment