Sunday, February 15, 2009

adventures in dining

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and it was quite possibly the perfect day. Well, aside from the massive hangover that I was nursing, thanks to the coffee and Bailey's I started drinking early on Friday and then wine night with some girlfriends...

It started off with Joel making the girls and I eggs in a nest for breakfast, then we headed out for a bit of shopping (the girls got to pick out a treat each at a toy store that was having a massive sale). We came home for lunch, cleaned up our toddler ransacked office (how does one childproof an office?!?! Suggestions, please!), and then headed out to an early dinner at a great pub down the street. When we got the girls to bed, Joel and I got some TV watching in and then had an early bedtime. There was even a trip to Dutch to satisfy my craving/cure my hangover. Good times.

The pup we ate at is actually pretty kid friendly - they've got a nice play area and a large kid's menu. We ordered the girls' favorite, macaroni and cheese, but it came in the form of noodles in a very soupy sauce (that tasted wonderful, by the way). Emily decided that it was best eaten with the chips off my plate, as that made it easier to dribble sauce everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Luckily, the waiter loaned me his mop to clean the floor, table, and child up. Needless to say, we left a very nice tip.


No comments:

Post a Comment