Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rest and preparation

Apologies for the lack of posts this week...I've caught some sort of cold (which I am prone to when the weather can't decide between rainy and sunny) and for some reason, it's really knocked me out!

Ava had her ballet recital on Monday, and I need to get the video transferred over so I can post it here. It was by far the cutest thing I have ever seen. Ava had so much fun and was so sad to have her class end for the summer. Luckily, her teacher let us know that she'll be teaching again in the fall, so we'll just have the summer off.

We also got Ava's paperwork sent out for preschool. I can't believe she's going to be starting school so soon! I'll miss her two mornings a week, but hopefully it will give me a chance to have some one on one time with Emily. I'm looking forward to getting her into the messy art classes and baby gym classes that Ava loved so much at that age.

We've spent the rest of the week playing with friends that we hadn't seen in a while, hosting a drop off for our babysitting co-op (a group of moms who exchange babysitting needs with each other), and going to our weekly Gymboree class.

I've also been planning for our upcoming road trip to California - first a stop in San Francisco to play tourist and to watch Joel's youngest sister graduate from dental school, and then down to Disneyland for a few days at the Happiest Place on Earth! I can't tell you how excited I am to take Ava to Disney...my earliest memory is waiting in line to ride Space Mountain with my mom, and although she is too small to ride it this time around, I am sure that she will LOVE all of the Fantasyland rides, and of course, seeing the Princesses. We've booked a Character Breakfast our first morning there and a Disney Princess Lunch on our second day. She doesn't know about either, so I think she'll love the surprise. I am most excited to take her on the Dumbo ride...to me that's a big right of passage for a preschooler! On the way home, are stopping in Monterey and Carmel to visit the beautiful scenery and the awesome aquarium.

I've been searching around for some ideas on how to keep the kiddos occupied on the long drives and came onto this cute idea...I might need to make a trip to the craft store later today!

Emily is ready for her nap, which means it's time for me to play a few rounds of Candyland and Hi Ho Cherry Oh! with my favorite 3 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment