Thursday, June 5, 2008

BPA Free Bottles and Babies R Us


A girlfriend who lives in another state told me that she recently heard on her local news that Babies R Us is accepting returns of bottles containing BPA - no matter if they are used or still in the packaging. I thought that this was too good to be true, so I called my local BRU store and low and behold - they will accept my 3 year old Avent bottles!


The store manager let me know that if the bottles are new and in the packaging (without receipt) a store credit will be issued. If anyone is interested in returning used bottles, you will receive a credit for the value of the bottles that can only be applied towards BPA-free bottles. I want to applaud Babies R Us for this - obviously, the manufacturer should be the one taking the bottles back, and BRU is making it ten times easier for the consumer.


I went online and looked at some bottles that I might try out: These Adiri bottles looked pretty cool. Definitely more money per bottle than the Avents, but to me, worth it.


I hope that if you have a bottle feeding baby, or will be bottle feeding, that you educate yourself about the harmful side effects of BPA and look for BPA free bottles.


***stepping off soapbox***

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks for sharing this!! I hadn't heard about the refund BRU is doing.

    I'd been wondering what to do with Ellie's old Avent bottles and feeling guilty at the idea of selling them on Craigslist. But I've got a bunch of friends having babies this summer so maybe I'll take my Avent's to BRU and get that credit, which I can pass on to a friend who can use it!

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete