Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fall Bark aka The Easiest Dessert You'll Ever Make

I'll admit...I've had a not so good week.

Sometimes, you just need to "bake" away the stress, know what I mean?

Something sweet and salty...and crunchy...yum.

And easy.  It's gotta be easy!  Hence: Fall Bark:



The Cast of Characters:

 
 
White Chocolate Chips (I used one bag, but by all means...double up if you want to!)
Handful of Candy Corn
Handful of Peanut M & Ms
Handful of broken up Pretzels...basically, I used  what was left at the bottom of the bag ;-)
 
 
First, melt your chocolate...it took about 90 seconds in my microwave.  You'll want to use 30 second blasts and stir in between so you don't burn the chocolate.


Next, spread that melted chocolate out into a rectangle.  I put mine down on a silicone baking mat, but parchment or wax paper would work, too. 

 


After that, sprinkle on your toppings!  And maybe save a few peanut M&Ms for yourself...

 
 
Now, press all of the toppings in...that way when your bark dries, they won't fall off.  Walk away and let it all harden...it took about 30 minutes for mine.  If you're impatient, put it in the freezer!

 
When it's hardened, just break it apart.  And maybe snack on some...

 
 
It's salty, sweet, crunchy, and creamy...basically, the perfect cure for a yucky day.



Make some and enjoy!

 



2 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks sooo easy! I love to make candy, but it's intimidating. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live in Alaska and I used my 'walk out freezer' to make my desserts set!!!

    ReplyDelete