Wednesday, May 26, 2010

the count down's on...


And so it begins! In exactly a month, we'll be moving to the Seattle area - Lynnwood to be exact. Joel and I are both excited - we've been talking about moving to Seattle for more than 7 years. We're also sad to leave family and friends behind, and nervous about meeting new people there.

The girls are excited (especially after I promised that yes, their room would finally be painted pink), but Ava is really sad to leave her friends behind.

This week, purely by accident, has been the beginning of a Portland farewell tour of sorts. Last night we were lucky to have dinner with family at one of my favorite local pubs (they make my favorite beer EVER!), and tonight I'm going out with girlfriends to another local spot that we love. Over the next few weeks, I'm going to be sure to include stops at special spots and restaurants - local people, any suggestions? I can think of a few, but my mind sure isn't what it used to be!



Anyway, posting has been sparse lately for sure, and it will probably get worse the closer we get to moving. BUT...I promise to return full force this summer with lots and lots of beach pictures :)

So stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Love the earth tones and the cedar shake!! Hope the move goes well, I understand what you're feeling. We sooo wanted to move to Houston, but it was hard living our home of 5 years, especially where we brought our babies home to!

    ReplyDelete