Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The snowed in list

I'm sure that the snow outside is just lovely. Sadly, I haven't been out to see it because when I wasn't tending to a family with the stomach flu, I was in bed (and the bathroom) with it myself. I'm finally back to normal and really want to air the house out, but since it's about 23 degrees outside, I don't think that's going to happen any time soon. Oh well...more time to bake!

Instead, I get to bring you the best of the 100+ blogs that I subscribe to...lucky you!

Joel's aunt has the best little village in her house for the holidays and I enjoy seeing it every year. I found this idea for a homemade version and thought that it would be fun to do with Ava with the boxes after the gift opening is all over.


I have quite a few batches of cookies made, but I have a few left to go. These candy cookies are definitely on the list. Since we're peanut free here, I plan on doing sugar cookies with Rolos, brownie with 3 Musketeers, and chocolate chip with Milky Ways. But peanut butter cookies with a baby Reese's cup sounds freaking awesome. Someone please indulge in that one for me. YUM, YUM, and more YUM. Thank the gods that the gym is open 24 hours...

I am definitely going to start making one of these in January...how cute is that?! I suck at knitting, but I can embroider like the dickens!

Two words that sound great in the same sentence: Duck and Crockpot. I'm definitely going to be trying this recipe soon!

What happens when you send your husband to the grocery store instead of going yourself? You end up with a box of Fruit Loops. Seriously, Joel? Well, that's OK, I felt like the tree needed some garland anyway, so Ava and I are going to string some up. And probably eat some too.

I've been scouring the internet for ideas for things to keep the girls busy if school and activities are cancelled for the rest of the week. I found this idea for cornflake wreaths in a magazine at the doctor's office the other day. I think I'll do half wreaths and half Star of Davids. mmmm...

1 comment:

  1. Barry went to the grocery store for us once. men! =)

    I had never thought of putting Rolo's in cookies before, but that sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete