Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cake Balls!


We're heading to a few holiday parties this weekend, so we made some cake balls to take with us (along with all of those leftover cookies!).

I got the idea from Bakerella and it's so stinking easy that even my three year old could do it!

Cake Balls:

Bake a cake (any flavor) in a 9 x 13 inch pan, let cool completely. Dump cake into large bowl with 16 oz. of frosting (any flavor). Mix until completly blended. Form into balls, place on cookie sheets, freeze to set.

Dip balls in chocolate bark or candy melts, let set completely. YUM.

Flavor ideas:
Devil's Food cake and cream cheese frosting
Red Velvet cake and cream cheese frosting
Chocolate cake and chocolate frosting
Spice cake and cream cheese or white frosting
Lemon cake and lemon or cream cheese frosting

This time I did Devil's Food Cake and cream cheese frosting (and I cheated - I used a mix and canned frosting! Don't tell...). Joel and Ava baked the cake and made them into balls while I was icing my ankle. I coated them in candy melts and sprinkled them with crushed candy canes this afternoon. YUM!

They were so easy, and I will definitely be making more in teh next few weeks for other parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment