Sunday, February 14, 2010

valentine's day

We had fun making cookies and treats to hand out to friends and family. I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe, and we made some white chocolate peppermint hearts out of leftover candy canes.

I'd seen this idea in the blogiverse for a few years, and this year we actually had leftover candy canes. Ava helped me unwrap the candy canes and make hearts out of them. We baked the hearts at 350 for about 4 minutes. I just used white chocolate chips, melted in the microwave, to pour the centers. Then Ava sprinkled the hearts with pink sanding sugar. We packaged them in little bags and tied them with pink ribbons - perfect to give away to our playgroup friends and to family members.



The girls had fun making valentines (and dusting the entire house with red and pink glitter!).

This morning, we had chocolate french toast - yum!

I added chocolate chips to a loaf of Amish White Bread (thanks for the idea, Shelley!), and then we added a few tablespoons of cocoa powder to the egg batter. Needless to say, the french toast was completely gobbled up before I got a picture!

Here's wishing you and yours some love today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment