Wednesday, October 14, 2009

light a candle

Tomorrow (October 15) is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day.

1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage, fetal demise (second trimester), or still birth (third trimester). Chances are, you know at least one person who has experienced at least one loss (well, hey, if you're reading this blog, you certainly do know someone).

It's difficult for someone who has never experienced a loss to understand the overwhelming grief that we go through. It's difficult for me to even put it into words. With Maxwell's due date only days away, surrounded by almost all of my friends who are in some stage of pregnancy, our lost children are calling to me even more.

So, tomorrow I'll light candles for them, and think of so many other women who share their heartache with me.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing that! I had no idea there was a special day set aside for this. I'll say a special prayer for all those who have lost a precious baby today.

    ReplyDelete