5 things our family is currently in love with:
1) Nature walks. Ava and Emily both love collecting leaves, pine cones, twigs, and pebbles to turn into art. We've got a nature table in our entry way and their found objects go there.
2) Hullabaloo. This is such a great game, especially on rainy days. It's got two settings, simple instructions, and best of all, it's a game where you have to move! Fun for the whole family and great for playgroups and parties.
3) Nutella. You know, the chocolate-hazelnut spread. YUM. We found out that Ava isn't allergic to hazelnuts, so I've been letting the girls have this as a treat to spread on bananas or graham crackers. It also makes a mean Rice Crispy Treat. Nutella is made in a factory that only processes hazelnuts - great for someone with allergies!
4) Apples. We went to Oregon Heritage Farms last week and got a ton of apples for a great price. We canned apple-pumpkin butter, made apple prints, had an apple taste test, made apple-brie sandwiches (grilled, of course!), applesauce, and apple spice oatmeal.
5) Snacktime, by the Barenaked Ladies. I'm a big Barenaked Ladies fan, and I'm also a huge fan of kid music that's not annoying. We all love listening to this CD in the car. There are 24 tracks about all sorts of silly things, from frogs to vegetables to a fabulous version of the ABC song.