It seems like yesterday that we were heading to the hospital at this very moment. Such an easy labor and delivery. Such an easy baby (well...easy if your name was Mama. Otherwise, you got a whole lot of crying...). Such a happy, happy, happy little girl.
Emily is our sunshine. She is truly a joy - always smiling, always snuggling. She loves her Mama most and her sister almost as much. We're pretty sure that Emily will grow up to be the class clown - she'll do anything for a laugh.
Emily, my hope is that you read this someday so that you can know what you were like at two:
- You are a daredevil. You love ladders and slides and climbing. You LOVE swings.
- You love grapes and making "grape eyes."
- You have a contagious, musical laugh.
- You love water. Bath time, pools, water tables, fountains...you'll go for hours if we let you!
- You love to love. Kisses, hugs, leg loves, snuggles...When I pick you up, you put your head on my shoulder and pat my back. It makes my heart melt every time.
- You are a miniature of your daddy in every way.
- You love to do whatever your sister does. Watching you play together is so much fun!
Hours old with your big sister:
On your first birthday:
Being your goofball self:
Happy Birthday, Emily Grace! May you eat lots of cake, slide, swing, dig, and have a day as joyful as you make those around you.